The University is compliant with the requirements of PL 113-146 the Veteran Access, Choice and Accountability Act of 2014, Section 702. Section 702 targets educational assistance through ensuring in-state tuition/in-district rates to uniformed services veterans and their qualified dependents covered under this Section.
These new requirements will ensure that our Nation’s recently discharged Veterans, and their eligible family members, will not have to bear the cost of out-of-state charges while using their well-deserved education benefits.
The following individuals shall be charged the in-state/in-district rate, or otherwise considered a resident, for tuition purposes:
- A Veteran using educational assistance under either chapter 30 (Montgomery G.I. Bill – Active Duty Program), chapter 31 (Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment), or chapter 33 (Post-9/11 G.I. Bill), of title 38, United States Code, who lives in the State of Missouri while attending a school located in the State of Missouri (regardless of his/her formal State of residence).
- Anyone using transferred Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits (38 U.S.C. § 3319) who lives in the State of Missouri while attending a school located in the State of Missouri (regardless of his/her formal State of residence).
- Anyone described above while he or she remains continuously enrolled (other than during regularly scheduled breaks between courses, semesters, or terms) at the same school.
- Anyone using benefits under the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (38 U.S.C. § 3311(b)(9)) who lives in Missouri while attending a school located in Missouri (regardless of his/her formal State of residence).
- Anyone using transferred Post-9/11 G.I. Bill benefits (38 U.S.C. § 3319) who lives in Missouri while attending a school located in Missouri (regardless of his/her formal state of residence) and the transferor is a member of the uniformed service who is serving on active duty.
- Public Law 117-68 amends Title 38 USC 3679(c)(2)(A) by adding Chapter 35 recipients to the definitions of covered individuals to be charged in-state tuition effective August 1, 2022. An act to amend title 38, United States Code, to provide for the disapproval by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs of courses of education offered by public institutions of higher learning that do not charge veterans the in-state tuition rate for purposes of Survivors' and Dependents' Educational Assistance Program, and for other purposes.
Follow Office of the Registrar