Schedule Change Policy
New Standard Meeting Patterns
Course Instruction Modes
CLSS Scheduling Timeline
Guidelines for Assigning Centrally Scheduled Classrooms
1. Classrooms are rolled from semester to semester. If a change to classroom is needed, it will need to be provided on the Schedule of Classes draft sent to departments.
2. Make classroom assignment changes from FIRST Schedule of Classes draft based on:
- Consideration of any special equipment or room requests from the first proof sent back by departments
- Past enrollment
- Proximity to department offices
- First come; first serve
3. Classroom assignments from second draft and any additional ECs and CCs will be scheduled based upon first come, first serve.
4. Rules regarding classroom assignment:
- Only lectures, recitations, and labs get room assignments. Independent study courses are not assigned rooms or meeting times based on the nature of the course – independent vs. group.
- Only approved courses get classrooms. Those that aren’t approved at the time the proof is due to the Registrar’s Office – whether they are written on the proof or not, don’t get a room assignment. The lack of classroom space at certain meeting times keeps us from “holding” classrooms. It isn’t fair to a department with an approved class to have to change a meeting pattern to get a room assignment because a classroom is being “held” for a course that might not be approved in time.
- If a room becomes available, due to cancellation or time change, contact anyone requesting that specific room that didn’t get their request initially – if possible.
- Try to get instructors that teach classes back to back in the same building – if possible.
- Departments should not schedule more than 60% of their courses on a specific class meeting day (MWF or TR).
- Departments must adhere to standard meeting patterns.