- Catalog Info
- Class Offerings
- Degree Programs
- Certification of Enrollment and Degree Verification
- Degree Audit
- Faculty Information
- Final Exams
- GPA Calculator
- Missouri Residency
- Student Academic Regulations
- Student Preferred Name
- Transfer Credit
- Veterans and Military Info
- Well-Being Referral Guide
- Office Info
- Useful Links
- Admissions Office
- Cashier's Office
- Division of Student Affairs
- Enrollment Management Division
- New Student Programs
- Student Financial Assistance
Joe'SS Grade Entry
- Grade Changes
- Import Grades from Canvas
- Incomplete Grades
- Late Grades
- Steps for Grade Entry in Joe'SS
During the grade entry period instructors may change grades that they have entered in Joe’SS. Change the status to “Not Reviewed” in order to change grades. Once the grade has been changed, return the status to “Approved”. During final grades, once the grades have been posted to the student’s record, a grade changes can be completed on Joe'SS.
Electronic grade changes may be completed by the instructor of record in Joe'SS. The deadline to initiate an electronic grade change must occur by the end of the month one calendar year after a term has ended. For a Spring semester, a grade change would have to be completed by May 31 the following year, July 31 the following year for Summer, and December 31 the following year for Fall semester. Electronic grade changes may not be submitted for the students who have graduated. Students who have been awarded a degree will be listed in the grade roster however the ability to select a new grade will not be available. Reports of Electronic grade change will be available to Department Chairs and Dean through Cognos. The Registrar will also send a grade change report at the end of every semester to capture all grade changes that have been submitted online. Grade changes requested after one year will require the paper form submitted by the instructor and signed by the Department Chair. The grade change should be submitted to the Registrar's Office for processing once all signatures are complete.
Instructors may submit grades by importing them from Canvas into Joe’SS.
Grade entry via Joe’SS will remain active as well.
The grade of incomplete shall be given only at the end of a semester and only if the student has been prevented from completing a course by sickness or unavoidable absence within the last three weeks of a semester and then only if the student has a passing grade in the course up to the time of such sickness or unavoidable absence. A grade of incomplete should be posted as an ‘I’. The instructor has the responsibility to file an ‘Incomplete Grade Form’ with the department. Forms are available in the departments. Joe'SS will also prompt you to complete an Incomplete Grade Agreement.
Late grades need to be submitted by filling out a Grade Change Form for each individual student in the course. Grades entered after the deadline impact academic standing determination and clearance of graduating students. Grade Change Forms are available in the department offices. This applies only to final grades.
1. Logon using the username and password.
This is the same username and password that is used when accessing e-mail. To access Joe’SS, go to http://joess.mst.edu/.
2. Navigate to the Grade Roster.
Select the path Self Service > Faculty Center > My Schedule
3. Select the term and the course. Select the Grade Roster ICON, to the left of the course. Select whether you are entering mid-term or final grades.
4. Enter the grades in the box by each student’s name. Press “Save”. (You may save a partially graded roster and finish grade entry at a later time.)
Saving will edit the grade value. For a list of possible grade values, select the magnifying glass by the grade box and then select “Lookup”. Choose the grade from this table or enter the grade directly in the grade box. You can also load your grades from Canvas. On your Grades page in Canvas, select Actions at the top of the gradebook and select Sync Grades with SIS. Click the Sync button on the next page. Within a few minutes, you can select Get Grades from Canvas on your class Grade Roster in Joe’SS and the Canvas grades will load automatically.
5. Enter the Last Date of Attendance for any failing grade.
Any failing grades imported from Canvas should automatically include their Last Date of Academic Activity (LDA), but please double check the date provided. Aside from meeting with you as their faculty member, there are a number of ways students can interact with the course in Canvas that count toward Last Date of Academic Activity. These interactions will be automatically recorded in grade rosters, addressing many, though not all, cases.
6. After all grades are entered for the course, select the appropriate Approval Status using the drop-down box and SAVE.
In some departments, TA’s may only have access to change the status to “Ready to Review”. The instructor will then need to change the status to “Approved”.
7. Once the status has been changed to APPROVED and saved, the following message will appear: “SUCCESSFUL--THIS GRADE ROSTER IS COMPLETE. THE GRADE ROSTER WILL BE SUBMITTED FOR POSTING”.
8. You may choose another course or close your session.
9. Grades will be posted to the students’ record by the Registrar’s Office.
Timeout – After 20 minutes of inactivity, your Joe’SS session will be timed out.
Questions? – Contact the Registrar’s Office, 341-4071 or firstname.lastname@example.org