- Catalog Info
- Class Offerings
- Degree Programs
- Certification of Enrollment and Degree Verification
- Degree Audit
- Faculty Information
- Final Exams
- GPA Calculator
- Missouri Residency
- Student Academic Regulations
- Student Preferred Name
- Transfer Credit
- Veterans and Military Info
- Office Info
- Useful Links
- Admissions Office
- Cashier's Office
- Division of Student Affairs
- Enrollment Management Division
- New Student Programs
- Student Financial Assistance
Core Curriculum Transfer Act (Core 42)
Missouri S&T is participating in the Missouri Core Curriculum Transfer Act, or Missouri Senate Bill 997. Courses that are part of the Core 42 project represent lower-division general-education courses that transfer between all Missouri public colleges and universities. To complete the Core 42, a student must enroll in the following knowledge areas:
- Social and Behavioral Sciences (9 credit hours)
- Communications (9 credit hours)
- Natural Sciences (7 credit hours)
- Mathematical Sciences (3 credit hours)
- Humanities and Fine Arts (9 credit hours)
- Electives (5 credit hours)
You can find our 2018-2019 courses that are part of the Core 42 in several ways.
- List of Core 42 Courses at S&T. These are the courses with a Missouri Transfer (MOTR) number issued by the State of Missouri and our equivalent. You will notice in some cases that we do not have an equivalent course; howeverc as long as the course provides college-level credit, we will still transfer the credit hours as general credit.
- MOTR courses in our catalog (http://catalog.mst.edu/#text). Look for the MOTRansfer Guaranteed logo.
- All our MOTR courses in our schedule of classes with the appropriate MOTR number attribute. You can search our schedule of classes for specific MOTR numbers.
- Core 42 Course database from the Missouri Department of Higher Education (https://dhe.mo.gov/core42.php).
Bachelor of Science degrees in engineering, business and IST, and chemistry typically do not follow Core 42 due to their accreditation requirements. All other Bachelor of Science degrees comply with the Core 42 General Education requirements. You can find them here as well as in the Bachelor of Arts degree requirements (http://catalog.mst.edu/undergraduate/degreeprogramsandcourses/#text-bachartsdegr).
Students who have completed either an Associate’s degree or the Core 42 general education at any regionally accredited Missouri institution will have satisfied Missouri S&T general education requirements. All transferrable hours will be applied to the student’s record. It is still recommended that students transferring to Missouri S&T meet with their transfer advisor and consult the transfer articulation agreements.
Students wanting to participate in the Core 42 while at Missouri S&T need to submit the Core 42 Opt In Form. Once you have submitted this form to the Registrar’s Office, a notation on your degree audit will appear. As you progress through courses at Missouri S&T, the degree requirements will be checked and once the Core 42 is completed it will be notated on your Missouri S&T transcript.